At the end of the day, when you are not expecting to do any more cash transactions, follow these steps to Close each Cash Box.
1. Click the Cash Box button.
2. Once the Cash Box pop up is open, click the blue Open the Drawer button.
3. Count the money in drawer starting with highest value bills and Save when you're finished.
*You are counting the number of bills/coins, not the value of them.
*OPTIONAL* Before moving to step 4, you can click X-Report to preview the result of what you've counted vs what the system expects to be in the drawer. This way, you can catch a miscount before closing the drawer for good. Click Print X-Report does NOT close the cash drawer. Once confirming the count is good, or updating it if it isn't, we need to proceed to step 4.
4. Click the Cash Box button again and then click Close Cash Box, the final Z-Report should automatically print.
You need to have closed the cash box or the Z-Report will not show any transactions.
5. Once the Z-Report prints look at the Cash Deposit amount. This is the total amount you should be sending to your management for them to deposit.