When you find an item with 2 barcodes on it, you can use this function to link both barcodes to the same item. This will prevent you from detailing the same item twice on an order, and allow you to scan either barcode when spotting, pressing, or assembling.
There are a few conditions that need to be met in order to merge the barcodes.
- Both barcodes must exist in the system.
- Both barcodes must be detailed with the same item type.
- One barcode has to be in an open order.
- Both barcodes cannot be on different open orders.
If those conditions are met, follow these steps to merge the barcodes:
1. Open the item and click the Duplicate button at the bottom of the item details.
2. Scan the 2nd barcode for the item.
The item then will show a banner indicating that there are 2 barcodes associated to it