Follow this guide to increase the darkness of a zebra printer (GX420t or TLP 2824 Plus) that is printing temp tags. Sometimes the default for these printers can make them print faded tags that cannot be read by barcode scanners.
1. Open the Control Panel.
2. Click View Devices & Printers.
3. Locate your printer in the list of printers.
4. Right click your printer and click Printing Preferences.
5. Change the Darkness setting to a number between 1 and 10. The lower the darkness number the darker the print.
6. Click Apply and then OK.
7. Print a tag and confirm that the print is darker now.