For owners, managers and payroll administrators.
This guide explains the features and functions in the Time Cards & Payroll Reports page, which is comprised of three sections:
To access these functions, start by clicking the Time Cards & Payroll Reports module
At the top of the three different sections you will find 5 filtering options:
- Search employees: allows you to find a particular employee by name, one at a time.
- Filter by task: if your business is set up with tasks, you can narrow your search by selecting one or multiple tasks.
- Filter by store: allows you to look at one or multiple stores at a time.
- Hide inactive employees: you may have employees who are not required to clock in/out, if this setting is checked, those employees will not be displayed.
- Date selector: depending on the section you are in, the date criteria varies:
- Today's activity displays daily data.
- Payroll displays data based on your business's pay period.
- Time cards display weekly data, based on your business's start/end week days.
This section is a daily overview of everyone's time cards which allows you to quickly identify daily errors as well as those employees who are close to, or already reached Over Time. These potential "issues" will display at the top of everyone's daily time cards, as warnings.
If you need to edit a time entry, click on the editing icon within the employee's time card.
This section allows you to identify, at a glance, the total Regular and Over Time hours every employee has worked in a pay period. The default time is based on your business' payroll dates, you can use the calendar filter to move through past periods or select a specific date range.
Clicking on an employee will display a detailed report of their time card over the selected time period. If an employee forgot to clock out, the associated period will not be listed here, nor will it be part of the time summaries.
This section offers two options for Printing and Exporting time card reports.
- By employee: print and export an individual report for the time period selected.
Global: print all employee time cards at once and download with multiple options for aggregated reports that you can import into your payroll software via a CSV file. By default, these reports are in decimal hours, but can be toggled to display in minutes.
* The Over Time is attributed to each individual "time period", so in case your state requires Over Time after 40 hours per week, any "period" after the first 40 hours will have that time labeled as Over Time regardless of the store it was accumulated at.
This section allows you to easily identify Over Time and errors per week as well as make edits. The week's start/end time is determined by your workweek settings, which makes it easy to verify that Over Time is correctly calculated.
If an employee forgets to clock out, that time period will not be part of the total hours until it is corrected, nor will it be visible in the payroll. Easily find these errors with the warnings displayed by the employee's name, and in the individual day the errors took place.
To edit a time card, simply click the day card that needs editing.
In the example below, a lunch period needs to be added.
1. Click the editing icon in the last column of the current time entry. (In this case the 9am-5pm row)
2. Enter the time in and out period. (In this case we will do 12pm-1230pm)
3. Select the type of job/break. (In this case lunch)
* You can add periods with specific in/out times or simple durations.
The added entry will split the 9am-5pm period into two segments:
Notice how now the times in this time card are highlighted in red. This indicates the card was adjusted. Click the Audit log blue button on the top right to view the details.